AMENDMENT FOR TERM LIMITS
  • I do not know about anyone else but I am extremely sick of Congress people getting re-elected by a bunch of stupid people who do not even take the time to know what their Congress person has voted for. We must have term limits. I realized this when a reporter asked people on the street who was Joe Biden and they did not have a clue, or what was Sharia Law. These are the people who keep voting these fools back into office. We need to help educate more people by good editorials in newspapers, also in your clubs, business orgainizations, and churchs. It is time we the people told everyone the truth and not depend on TV stations that are owned or have been given millions of dollars for support, by people like George Soros. Just about everyone who works for NBC, CBS, ABC all have ties to George Soros. Example ABC News commentator George Stephanopoulos has a previously undisclosed connection to President Obama: The two were part of a small group at Harvard University that met for a period of three years purportedly to promote involvement with U.S. community institutions. Politico reported in January 2009 that Stephanopoulos, “has daily strategy and message chats with former Clinton administration alumni: Rahm Emanuel – Obama’s White House chief of staff – and CNN pundits Paul Begala and James Carville.” Plus Soros has far more influence than even many of his harshest critics realize. He has managed to insinuate himself and his money into the media culture, making connections with the nation's top publishing organizations. He has direct ties to more than 30 mainstream news outlets - including The New York Times, Washington Post, the Associated Press, CNN and ABC. Each one of those operations has employees, often high-level ones, on the boards of Soros-funded media operations.So you see we must do the research and inform our families, friends, and people around us so they can be informed voters. Here is where Obama knows Soros.
    •One of the single largest donors to the embattled Media Matters for America is a controversial far-left clearinghouse that funds groups such as MoveOn.org, ACORN and a litany of anti-war organizations, the Tides Foundation. The group is funded in part by billionaire George Soros, himself a prominent Media Matters donor.
    •President Obama served eight years on the board of the Joyce Foundation, a charity that is a top donor to Media Matters.
    •Obama is also tied to numerous other top Media Matters donors and fundraisers, including a foundation run by the finance chairman of his 2008 presidential campaign, Penny Pritzker. The Pritzker Family Foundation donated a total of $400,000 to the progressive attack group in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
    •Another key funding tie for Media Matters is the Center for American Progress, led by John Podesta, who directed Obama’s White House transition team. Media Matters reportedly entered into a fundraising-sharing agreement with the Center for American Progress, whose extensive reports and research reportedly help to inform Obama administration policy.
    •A marketing outfit called the Herndon Alliance reportedly received a grant from the lobbying arm of Media Matters for America. Herndon reportedly helped the White House craft and market Obamacare.
    •The Media Matters-funded Herndon Alliance recently recommended that Obama make contraception an election issue after conducting polling with a George Soros-funded progressive group.
  • Amen. 10 year maximum - 5 years for Senators - 3 years for Representatives - 1 6 year term for President. After sitting out a term OK to run again. - Age limit for Supreme Court Justices - No passing laws that Congressmen can opt out of. No lifetime pensions. These positions are supposed to be Service to the Country, not lifetime jobs.
  • I agree with Term Limits, but until we can get the Ignorant & Uninformed to realize that they are causing a problem, we are in deep do-do.
    I believe in a 6 year term, no re-election, cannot run for office again, no pension or Health Care.
  • I recomend reading the book "An Act of Self-Defense" It is about term limits.
  • Afonay where are you getting your numbers from? Four terms for President? Thats a throw back to Roosevelt, and he screwed us up enough as it is. President should stay at two elected terms. Representatives is a two year term currently so 5 year max which would mean 2 elected terms and Senators serve six year terms so a maximum of 13 is sufficient (two elected terms). The Presidency nor Congress shou;ld be a lifetime jopb and in such should NOT be allowed to get a lifetime retirement after serving. when you leave office the pay and benifits should also stop! A Private citizen does not need Secret Service protection! Can you immagine the p[oor smucks that will be assigned to protect Obama and his family? That will be a shit job if there is one!
  • Afonay where are you getting your numbers from? Four terms for President? Thats a throw back to Roosevelt, and he screwed us up enough as it is. President should stay at two elected terms. Representatives is a two year term currently so 5 year max which would mean 2 elected terms and Senators serve six year terms so a maximum of 13 is sufficient (two elected terms). The Presidency nor Congress shou;ld be a lifetime jopb and in such should NOT be allowed to get a lifetime retirement after serving. when you leave office the pay and benifits should also stop! A Private citizen does not need Secret Service protection! Can you immagine the p[oor smucks that will be assigned to protect Obama and his family? That will be a shit job if there is one!
  • frederick, I think you misunderstood. That is one 6 year term for President - three 3 year terms for Representative and two 5 year terms for Senator
  • We do not need any Amendments,but enforcement of the Amendments already stated.The US Constitution is an amazingly consistent Document.But it is repeatitive for the Purpose of enforcement.The often written and ignored phrase "The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation" has never happen.The result is when Men in history failed to do their duty, results in Congress putting down another Amemndment to enforce an Amendment already in place and ignored.A Balanced Budget Amendment never met will in time prove a direction of Congress Duty again,possbly resulting in another Amendment.It is the defintiton of Insanity illustrated.The US Contitution is the Standard of the Law,the law creates the order by setting the standard,judges reward and punishment and restores,thus protection for all.When was the last time a politican got counseled,corrected and penalized for not doing his job ? The Constitution has not changed,the minds and therefore the hearts of Men have wondered.
  • YES WE NEED TERM LIMITS.....
    Two terms in any position is long enough ....and all of these congressmen and senators and for that fact Supreme Court Justice need term limits....They are getting rich off the backs of the tax payers....all of them .....Weiner was ousted and even he left being a MILLIONAIRE.....give me a break... Ron Paul is another one ....36 years he road the tax payers paycheck and for what...365 bills to be summitted and one to become law...mean while my elementary schools are full of illegals...our food stamp program feeds more and more of the illegals and he does nothing ...I dont care if you like him or if you dont. I live less then 5 miles from him . he was my doctor way back before he became a congressman . He was just as bad of a doctor as he is a politican. I emailed him and asked him to prove to me what he has done for our area ....He sent me a Ron Paul family cook book ....are you kidding me ....and he believes the Muslims should be allowed to build there Mosque near ground zero.....Term limits YES....!!!!!!!
  • Guys I think you are not pisssed enough. 1 two year terms for pres. 1 4 years term for senate, 2 two year for congress. A law allowing recall at any given time for all. No retirement for any elected offical in the cesspool. No healthcare except the same that you and I depend on. No lifetime office after service. Expenses subject to same that every other federal employee. Life time ban on lobbing after federal service. If you make these theives live like the rest of us little people. They will respond to the little people. Now I am off the soap box. I welcome ideas good and bad. Please!
  • The President can stay at 2 terms of 4. One term of 4 for the entire Congress, and Senate. No pensions and no health care. 401K and SSI only. They can only run again after staying out for 2 terms and they cannot ever be allowed to be a lobbyist.
  • I think term limits are a very good idea. The 22nd amendment was formed to keep presidents from gaining too much power. Now a change needs to be made so that NO GOVERNMENT OFFICE can be held for more than eight years. Plus, I think the way we are facing a big budget crunch right now, all political offices pay should be cut to one-half the present salary. Millionaires in office should have to pay their own expenses without any re imbursement.
  • I wish people would quit complaining about term limits. We have the power of term limits at the ballot box but we are the ones that keep re-electing these same people repeatedly. Do you think that these in office will pass any bill that would limit their cushy jobs??? Now quit your belly-aching and use the power that you have! I get angry every time I hear you people cry about term limits!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!