Robert B's Email to Senator Bill Nelson
I gave you a grade of F.
Robert W. Baldwin
P.O. Box 727
Lake Alfred, FL 33850
The Honorable Bill Nelson
Washington, DC 20510
16 September 2015
Dear Senator Nelson:
I am writing to urgently demand that you fully support any and all efforts to reject the nuclear deal between the Obama Regime and the Islamic Dictatorship of Iran.
Specifically – THE IRAN DEAL IS A TREATY, AND MUST BE TREATED AS SUCH!
This deal, whether called an “agreement” or some other name, is in fact a treaty, which must be ratified by two-thirds of the U.S. Senate according to our Constitution. Because it is not being submitted to the Constitutionally-required ratification process, it is null and void on process grounds. It is impossible to adopt a Constitutionally valid treaty via an unconstitutional method.
I URGENTLY DEMAND THAT YOU SUBMIT THE IRAN DEAL TO THE CONSTITUTIONALLY REQUIRED TREATY RATIFICATION PROCESS! FAILURE TO DO SO WILL CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF YOUR PATH OF OFFICE!
There are additional compelling reasons to reject this awful deal.
1. Neither party can be trusted. Both the Iranians and the Obama Regime subscribe to philosophies that encourage lying and deception in service to a presumed higher agenda. The Iranian Dictatorship is recognized as the most notorious practitioner of terrorism in the world.
2. This deal includes grossly inadequate verification provisions. The Iranians are allowed to inspect their own facilities. Inspections by outside parties are possible only with 24 days of advance notice. American inspectors are specifically prohibited. This verification regime is laughable.
3. Enforcement provisions are limited to re-imposition of sanctions, which is highly unlikely after the existing sanctions regime is dismantled. It is obvious that Obama has no desire for future sanctions; foreign governments do not want them either.
4. This deal will immediately release $150 billion dollars to the Iranian Dictatorship, which it will; certainly use to acquire advanced weapons and finance terrorism. This deal effectively makes the United States the world’s largest terrorist financier.
5. This deal provides specific sanctions relief to General Qasem Soleimani, commander of the Iranian Quds Force, a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations. General Soleimani is directly responsible for the death and grievous wounding of hundreds of American troops in Iraq.
6. This deal obligates the United States to protect the Iranian nuclear program from external attack, making us a military partner of terrorists.
The Iran deal is a death trap for America and Israel. We must get out before it is too late.
I hereby urgently appeal to you to cosponsor, vigorously support, and vote for any and all measures designed to permanently reject any and all agreements with the Iranian Dictatorship. As an interim measure, any consideration of this deal should be indefinitely postponed until it can be submitted to the Senate ratification process as required by the Constitution. Your sworn duty to the Constitution requires nothing less.
Your prompt response to this letter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your kind assistance.
Robert W. Baldwin
"He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our Constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws, giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation."
- Thomas Jefferson (American Declaration of Independence)
“Study the Constitution! Let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed in legislatures, and enforced in courts of justice.”
- Abraham Lincoln
“Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.”
- Ecclesiastes 8:11