William H's Email to Representative Jim Jordan

04/10/2016 16:52

I gave you a grade of B. This is not a profession.   1. We need a Balanced Budget Amendment. 

2. The IRS will be eliminated. In its place will be a National Sales Tax. Nothing will be excluded without 2/3 majority of each House of Congress. 

3. Under no circumstances could the Executive Branch circumvent Congress. If Congress was not in session they would have to be called back for a Special Session.

4. No ballots during any election would be marked with party affiliation in association with any candidates name. 

5. Congressmen and women will read before voting on every piece of legislation and will be present for voting 85% of the time. The other 15% can be done electronically.  

6. Once service for an elected or appointed office is over, all perks and compensation would cease. 

7. There will be Term Limits for all Federal and Supreme Court Judges. One ten year term with a mandatory retirement age of 75. 

8. There will be Term Limits for Congress. Two 5 year terms for Senators and three 3 year terms for Representatives. 

9. All funds in the Congressional Retirement Fund would be moved to the Social Security System and Congressmen would participate like all other Americans.  

10. Congress will no longer vote themselves pay raises but will receive a salary equal to the National Income average as calculated every Feb 15th. 

11. All Congressmen will have equal expense accounts to be determined by a panel made up of 5 Republicans, 5 democrats and 5 average citizens chosen at random whose incomes are equal to the National average. 

12. Salaries of all government employees will not be greater than those of similar positions in private industry.  

13. Congress will lose their Health Care System and will participate in the same system as everyone else. 

14. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are Null and Void. 

15. The Affordable Health Care act will be replaced by a Bill that will be designed by 5 Republicans, 5 Democrats, 5 Business owners large and small, 5 Doctors and Hospital Administrators and 5 Attorneys. In order to expedite this no salaries will be paid till completed and submitted to Congress. 

16. Immigration reform will be handled in the same manner, with 5 Republicans, 5 Democrats, 5 Governors and 5 Attorneys drafting the Bill and submitting it to Congress. First however the borders will be closed.

  17. Campaign Financing reform including time limits  will be handled in a like manner as         Immigration with 5 Republicans, 5 Democrats, 5 Attorneys and 5 people at large Drafting the       Bill.

  18. There will be no more Earmarks. All Bills will have to stand on their own merits. 

  19. Voter ID will be mandatory by use of a National ID Car20. All welfare recipients will work 40 hours a week on government projects to claim benefits. 

21. All Food Stamp programs will be for staples only. (Rice, beans, vegetables and a modicum of meat)

22. No one on Welfare, ADC or Food Stamp programs will be allowed to vote.

 23. Congress will no longer be allowed to dip into Social Security Funds.

 24. The Constitution and Bill of Rights will supercede any other legislation. 

Go back